Industria Scientifica Generale Elettromeccanica Vicenza (I.S.G.E.V.) S.p.A. (hereinafter referred to as ISGEV) offers for its products a warranty for defects in production or materials for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of commissioning and anyway no later than 18 months from the date of the shipping document from the ISGEV factory at Arzignano.
The return of defective machines or components must be notified in advance, authorised by ISGEV and carried out by the customer with DDP terms.
The defect shall be notified by the customer in writing without delay after it has become apparent. The notice shall contain a description of how the defect manifests itself. No actions under the warranty clause shall be due by ISGEV in any case the customer has not fulfilled any obligation, including but not limited to payment.
The validity of the guarantee is conditional on compliance with the following requirements:
- the transport, handling and storage comply with the instructions in the operating and maintenance manual;
- the installation has been carried out correctly and in suitable environmental conditions, by qualified personnel and in the absence of aggressive agents;
- the necessary maintenance work is carried out periodically;
- maintenance operations are recorded on a special form with reference to the type of motor and its serial number and date of operation;
- repairs or modifications are carried out exclusively by ISGEV personnel or by personnel authorised by ISGEV in writing;
- the customer of ISGEV has immediately informed ISGEV about the defects discovered, which have been recognised as such by ISGEV.
The warranty only applies to products used in an environment and for applications consistent with the specifications declared by ISGEV's customer; any improper use is prohibited.
The warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, at ISGEV premises, of motors which are defective due to an ascertained defect in material or workmanship. Defective parts become the property of ISGEV once they have been replaced. Any other indemnity is excluded, nor can any direct and/or indirect damage of any nature or kind be claimed even for the temporary non-use of the goods purchased.
The guarantee does not cover the following:
- the assembly and disassembly of the installations by ISGEV's customer or by anybody on customer’s behalf;
- the transportation costs the product;
- the travel costs of technical service personnel when requested by the customer;
- damage to people or third party’s things;
- cases in which the defect is due to natural wear and tear, inexperience of the customer or of the people appointed by him, or use beyond the limits of the nominal performance;
- damage resulting from tampering carried out or commissioned by ISGEV's customer.
The guarantee does not cover materials and parts subject to natural wear or deterioration (such as, purely by way of example, sealing rings or leaks of lubricant caused by normal wear). The guarantee shall not apply to products which have not been used according to the manufacturer's instructions or which have been modified, repaired or dismantled, even partially, or which have been stored, installed, lubricated or maintained in a negligent or incorrect manner.
The guarantee also excludes damage, defects or faults caused by external components (e.g. sprockets, pulleys, motors not manufactured by ISGEV, etc.) or by incorrect assembly.
The verification of the compatibility of the applications and of the correctness of the mechanical couplings and electrical connections with respect to the characteristics of the ISGEV products, as they result from the manufacturer's catalogues, is the exclusive pertinence and responsibility of the customer of iSGEV.
ISGEV is not obliged to replace the defective motor during the repair period and undertakes to repair or replace under warranty and in the shortest possible time the parts recognised as defective.
ISGEV will not be liable whether by way of indemnity or for breach of contract or in tort (including but not limited to negligence) for loss of contracts, loss of use, loss of profits, or for any other economic loss.
For all other losses, the liability of ISGEV shall be limited to the contract price.
The contract of sale shall in all respects be interpreted in accordance with and governed by Italian Law.
Disputes out of or in connection with the contract or the supply shall be brought before the court of Vicenza District where our legal seat is. Any different court is excluded.